|A small batch of roving for extra mast step support|
Oh boy, there are so many tasks. So here are the basics steps:
- Lay down the fiberglass roving and epoxy
- Fill in all of the copper wire holes
- Two additional layers of epoxy
- Make sure to fill all crevices between planks
- Make inspection port holes in bulkheads
- Assemble center console with dagger board box
- Install center assembly
- Install front and back bulkheads
- Fix in place with epoxy paste
|After the second coat of epox|
- Add an extra patch of roving for mast step
- Make holes for inspection ports prior to installation
- Pre-drill pilot holes in hull floor and center seat for the dagger board trunk slots- that takes out the guess work later.
- Start sanding the hull interior prior to installing the bulk heads
- Bought some mahogany and capped the dagger board trunk front and back.
|Test seating: seems to fit quite nicely|
Moving right along... (90 hours into project)
This weekend was very productive and I put in two good working days. My wrists ache though from a lot of sanding where the orbital sander did not work.
NOTE TO SELF: For the next project buy the set of scrapers which allow you to scrape epoxy instead of sanding.
|Waiting for the epoxy to cure|
|Lug rig: install both mast support plus mast step|
|Preparing for the final assembly of center seat with dagger board box|
Tomorrow evening I should be able to install at least one of the bulk heads... perhaps even the center assembly.